Looking for the best motherboard for i7 12700K?
Here I have listed the top 6 best motherboards for i7 12700k which are good for gaming and price range between $150 to $300.
So, if you want to buy a new motherboard for i7 12700k you should read this post.
Best Motherboard For i7 12700k
|#1 Gigabyte Aorus Master||Z390||ATX|
|#2 MSI MEG Z390 ACE||Z390||ATX|
|#3 Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-FI)||Z390||ATX|
|#4 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra||Z390||ATX|
|#5 Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming||Z390||ATX|
|#6 MSI MPG Gaming Pro Carbon AC||Z390||ATX|
Intel Core i7 12700k Motherboard Reviews
1. Gigabyte Aorus Master – Best i7 12700k Motherboard For Overclock
If you are looking for the best motherboard for i7 12700k with solid VRM, great features, and great power delivering ability for overclocking then Gigabyte Aorus Master is for you. I love this motherboard because of true 12 phases power design, M.2 Thermal Guard and a lot more.
RAM: This motherboard has four DIMM dual channel memory slots. The dual-channel memory architecture increases the speed and performance. It also supports ECC Un-buffered and Non-ECC Unbuffered DIMM memory modules. Each slot can support up to 32GB capacity DDR4 RAM. You can overclock your memory up to 4400MHz.
CPU: This is an LGA 1151 socket and Z390 chipset based motherboard. It can support both 9th and 8th generation of Intel Core processors.
GPU: The Gigabyte Aorus master supports Intel HD graphics. This motherboard comes with double PCle 3.0 x 16 slots which are able to support all newer graphics cards.
- USB Turbo Charger
- 2×2 Wave 2 Wifi (Intel 802.11ac)
- Triple M.2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- Advanced thermal design with Fins-Array heatsink and direct touch heat pipe
So, if you are looking for the best i7 12700k motherboard with solid VRM then Gigabyte Aorus Master would be perfect for you. But the sad part of this fact is the price of this motherboard is a little bit costly still, you need to remember that better price always provide better quality.
- 12 +2 Phase IR Digital VRM
- Best mobo for overclocking
- Advanced Thermal Design
- I/O Shield Armor and Base plate
- Enhanced with good voltage regulator cooling and feature set.
- Mediocre memory overclocking
- A little bit costly
2. MSI MEG Z390 ACE – Best Motherboard For 12700k By MSI
If you are looking for austere Z390 Motherboard then the new MSI MEG Z390 ACE is the option for you. This motherboard is the best for those customers who want to configure a high performance for their media works.
RAM: This motherboard has isolated memory circuitry for increasing performance and its stability. This motherboard is supported by MSI DDR4 Boost for any crashing of the system. This motherboard can support dual channel along with the maximum frequency for overclocking of 4500MHz.
CPU: This motherboard can support both the 8th and 9th generation processor of Intel Core. The socket for the CPU belongs to the series of LGA 1151.
GPU: There are three slots for external graphics cards. All slots are PCIe 3.0 X 16 standards with four modes. The slots are able to support all new generation of graphics cards. These slots can support multiple graphics processor.
Additional Features: Mentioned below are some of the additional features of this motherboard.
- This motherboard supports the Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP).
- It supports various standards of 802.11 Wifi
- It supports Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
This motherboard is one of the high-end motherboards from MSI. The price tag of this motherboard is pretty affordable for all the features it is providing. With lots of important features like enhanced audio, video quality, and overclocking, this motherboard can be considered as the best motherboard for any gamers or media personnel.
- It has discrete RGB LED lights
- It has excellent over-clocking features
- This motherboard comes with a customizable audio system
- This motherboard has triple Turbo M.2 along with M.2 Shield Frozr
- There are no PS/2 ports on the motherboard
- It has no onboard video connection
3. Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-FI) – Best Gaming Motherboard For i7 12700k By Asus
Are you searching for a motherboard by Asus under $300 with great features, overclocking ability and support both eighth and ninth generation Intel processor? Then Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-FI) is for you. This motherboard supports Intel 8th and 9th generation processors.
RAM: This motherboard supports dual-channel memory slots and has the over-clocking ability with a frequency of 4400MHz. It has four slots for installing memory sticks. Each slot can support to a maximum limit of 16 GB DDR4 memory cards.
CPU: This motherboard comes with the Intel socket series of LGA 1151. This socket can support both 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processor. This motherboard can also support Intel Turbo Boost Technology depending on the different type of CPU selected.
GPU: This motherboard has an integrated graphics processor supported by Intel UHD Graphic. It has 2 slots of PCIe 3.0 X 16 which is compatible with all new generations of graphics cards.
Additional Features: There are some additional features the makes this motherboard special.
- It has Multi- GPU support
- Specially designed with ROG system
- It has ASUS DUAL Intelligent Processor with 5 Way Optimization
- It has S1220 Codec for high-quality audio output.
We can say that ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero motherboard is one of the best motherboards for gamers and other multimedia personals. With the exciting new features of this motherboard, any person can load and use heavy software used in video editing. With all these features, this is the best motherboard that would fulfill all your demands.
- It has pre-mounted I/O shields
- It has dedicated clocking system for increasing the performance the motherboard
- This motherboard has Dual M.2 and SATA Ports
- The Sonar Radar technology gives high-quality sound clarity.
- It is very expensive
- This motherboard lacks UEFI RGB LED configuration system.
4. Gigabyte Aorus Ultra – Best Alternative of Aorus Master
Are you looking for a high-performance thermal design motherboard, combined with the massive heat sink? Here is the right solution is Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra for you presenting its exciting features and high-class battery supporter. This motherboard has many premium features that provide high performance to the configured PC.
RAM: Like the above model it also supports dual channel Non-ECC un-buffered DDR4 and 4 DIMM memory cards. The maximum capacity of for each slot is about 32GB each. The maximum over-clocking frequency that this motherboard can support is 4400MHz.
CPU: The latest modification of this model is that it comes with 24 pin ATX power connector and 8+8 pin for the CPU Power connector. This motherboard can support both 8th and 9th generation Intel Core i9 processors.
GPU: The GPU of this motherboard comes with a Triple PCle Gen3x4 M 2 connector and triple thermal guards.
Additional feature: You can get here more additional features like
- Completely new VRM design for 8-core 9th Gen Intel Core processors
- The enlarged power plane and multiple true power phases that ensure a stable gaming experience.
This VRM indeed provides quality, constant voltage at manageable heat levels. Overall it can meet your all the requirement. If you are looking for an exact motherboard for your gaming pc, then this will be the best choice for your needs.
- It has plenty of USN ports
- Built-in the rear I/O shields.
- It has tons of Digital LED modes to play with.
- The price of this motherboard is too high
- The LAN port is not the same
5. Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming – Good Mobo For i7 12700k With SupremeFX Audio intregration
Are you seeking for a high-performance motherboard for your gaming purposes? Then Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard is your best solution. With its amazing new features and properties, this motherboard will help you with all sort of heavy media purposes.
RAM: This motherboard has clocking ability and also support dual channel Architecture. It has a total of 4 slots for installing memory cards. Each of the slots can support up to the maximum storage of 16 GB DDR4 memory card.
CPU: This motherboard is supported by Intel socket series of LGA 1151. This socket is able to support both 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors. Depending on the different types of CPU, this motherboard supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. It also supports Intel 14nm CPU.
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Z390 has an inbuilt processor for Intel HD Graphics. This motherboard has dual ports for PCIe 3.0 for support any external graphics cards. These slots can support any new generation of graphics card.
Additional Features: There are some additional features for this motherboard mentioned below.
- This motherboard supports Supreme FX Shielding Technology for a high-quality sound system.
- It has integrated Bluetooth 5.0 Technology.
- It has Intel Optane Memory Ready for better memory management.
- It can support both NVIDIA and AMD graphics card.
All in all, we can say that this motherboard can support both the needs of multimedia personals and gamers. Prices of the motherboard are pretty acceptable when it comes to the various features it posses. This motherboard can easily support all the heavy software that is needed for any multimedia purposes such as video editing or 3d rendering.
- This motherboard has very high efficiency.
- This motherboard can support Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
- It is capable of DDR 4000MT/s overclocking
- This motherboard has user-friendly firmware
- It is very expensive
6. MSI MPG Gaming Pro Carbon AC Z390 – Good i7 12700k mobo with wifi
Are you looking for a gaming motherboard with high performance? Then MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon is the answer to your search. With the exciting new features and some improvements, this motherboard is the ideal any gamer. This motherboard is designed especially for the gamer looking for some high configurations PC.
RAM: There are about four slots for installing memory cards. All the slots are isolated and protected with the steel armor for better performance. All the slots can support dual channel and has various over-clocking frequencies.
CPU: This motherboard can support both 8th and 9th generation of processors. The M.2 Shield Frozr is installed as a heat sink for maintaining the temperature of the processor. The socket of the CPU belongs to the Intel LGA 1151 series.
GPU: For the addition of Graphics Card, there are three slots of PCIe 3.0 X 16 standards. All the slots are protected by the steel Armour against any EMI or bending of the cards.
Additional Features: Given below are some of the additional features of the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard.
- There is an audio processor ALC1220 for providing high-quality sound effects.
- This motherboard got Bluetooth that uses MU-MIMO for the connectivity.
- There lights in the on the board that increases the experience of gaming.
- There is I/O shielding present on the board for the easy assembly process.
This motherboard comes with the power that is needed for over-clocking the Core i9- 9900K. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon covers all the essentials that are needed for a high-performance gaming computer. The price may be a little expensive but with all the features included, this motherboard is the best option for a cheap but a high-quality computer.
- It can be connected with several CPU
- The fan of the CPU can be connected with the motherboard
- It has a very good over-clocking system
- This motherboard can support the older generation of Intel Processor.
- The low number of I/O USB ports
- the efficiency of the motherboard is poor at full-load capacity
If you want to build a high-end gaming pc with i7 12700k processor, then these motherboards are perfect for you. You can pick any one from these list based on price and features. All motherboards have different features and design. Before buying a motherboard you need to think about your requirements and needs. If you don’ need a lot features, USB 3.0 ports, on board wifi then you can go for those boards which will cost you less than $200.
You are buying 12700k processor means you will overclock and that’s why you need a good motherboard. But, if you are not going to overclock and if you don’t need a lot of features then you should not spend extra bucks for higher priced motherboards.
Mike is an Editor & Writer at Engageexpo covering Technology, Smart Home Gadgets, and Gaming. He reviewed Gaming Gadgets, Accessories, Pc & Electronics Components, and Smart Home Gadgets. He is also an Avid Gamer and Building Gaming PC since 2009.